Saturday, October 29, 2011

Edge and Border Effects

Double Fade Border Effect
I think this is my favorite effect because it really enhances the photo.  I used tutorial #12 in the book for this one.  I used the rectangle tool with the shape layer on the outside border and used the rectangle tool with the fill pixels for the inside border.  I chose that color of blue because I thought it went well with the picture.

Flexible Brushed-on Effect
I used tutorial #11 in the book for this one.  I used the thick and heavy brushes to give it the effect I wanted.


Burned Border
I used tutorial #13 in the book for this image.  It was really easy to do! I just copied the layer, added the multipy blending mode and then used the rectangle marquee tool to select the inner border.  Then I hit delete and it took the inside back to the original image and kept the outside darker.  I copied the layer once more to make the border extra dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment